Saturday, May 25, 2013

Aloo Tikki



Aloo tikki was one of the dishes I made in my early cooking career :) I love experimenting and my lab rat then was my brother. He really liked the tikkis and I was kind of convinced that I am not that bad a cook.

Well, times have changed now. I have evolved as a cook (at least in my eyes) and aloo tikki is one such dish which I can confidently make and be sure of its awesome taste :)

Take a look at the recipe below.

Happy Tikking..!

Ingredients

Potato/ Aloo – 2 large, boiled and mashed
Rice Flour – 1 tbsp.
Green Peas – ¼ cup, either frozen or fresh
Mint Leaves – 5 to 6 leaves, chopped
Coriander Leaves – ¾ cup, chopped
Onions – ¾ cup, finely chopped
Grated Carrot – ½ cup
Chilies – 3 to 4, finely chopped
Ground Pepper – ¼ tsp.
Chili powder – ½ tsp.
Dahnya and Jeera powder – ½ tsp.
Salt – to taste
Oil – enough amount for shallow frying

Method

1. Mix mashed potato and all the ingredients (except oil) and make dough out of it.
2. Divide the dough in to equal sized small patties. The measurements mentioned above yield about 23 – 25 tikkis.


3. Take a wide pan and put enough oil for shallow frying the tikkis. Once the oil gets heated, place the tikkis on to the pan with enough space between them for easy flipping.
4. Let the tikkis cook till their bottom layer becomes golden brown. Flip them over and cook until the other side turns golden brown too.
5. Continue steps 3 and 4 for all the tikkis.
6. Serve the hot mouthwatering tikkis with mint-cilantro chutney or tomato ketchup.

7. Or even better - you can make aloo tikki chat out of it by adding chana masala, green chutney, onions and sev on top of it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for a rainy day, sitting back having a drink and the Aloo Patties..

    ReplyDelete