Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chickpea Flour Coated Eggplant/ Brinjal Sautee



My husband doesn't prefer brinjal/ eggplant, whereas on the other hand, I LOVE eggplant. On one of the trips to shop veggies, I made sure I bought brinjals. And there I was with beautiful fresh brinjals. I wanted to make something different out of them and it kept me thinking. Finally I came up with the following recipe. My husband loves it and so does my mom. :)

Ingredients

Brinjals – 4 medium sized/ 2 cups, diced in to cubes
Besan/ Gram Flour – 3 tbsp.
Chili powder – ½ tsp.
Dahnya and Jeera powder – ½ tsp.
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
Salt – to taste
Oil – 3 tbsp.

Method

1. Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients (oil – 1 tbsp.). Brinjal pieces should be properly coated with all the masalas.


2. Keep aside for about 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Take a wok, add 2 tbsp. of oil. Once it gets heated add the brinjal - masala mixture and cook covered until the pieces are done.
4. Enjoy this easy to prepare dish with rice and rasam/ sambar.


No comments:

Post a Comment