Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mooli and Gajar ka Parantha



There was this day when I was in a mood to make mooli ka parantha. While I was gathering all the ingredients, I thought let’s make it a little different. And I ended up adding carrots too.

I am not very good with stuffed paranthas. And I was a little skeptical about this one too. But since I was determined to make them, I just tweaked the method a little to suit my convenience.

The outcome was great and HEALTHY! Take a look at the recipe below.

Ingredients

Radish/ Mooli – 1 Cup, grated
Carrot – 1 Cup, grated
Ajwain/ Carom Seeds – 1 tsp., crushed coarsely
Green Chilies – 1 tsp., finely chopped
Chat Masala – ½ tsp.
Wheat Flour – 2 Cups
Salt – to taste
Water – ¾ cup or enough to knead the dough
Yield – 10 – 12 paranthas

Method

1. Squeeze out the water completely from grated radish and carrot.
2. In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients properly (except water and flour).


3. Now add the wheat flour and add water in small amounts until a dough is formed.


4. Divide the dough in to equal sized balls.


5. Dust each ball with some wheat flour and roll it out in to flat round roti.
6. Take a pan, once it gets heated, place the roti on it.
7. Once the bottom part gets baked a little, put a few drops of oil on the top part, spread it and turn over.
8. Put a few drops of oil on the baked part (which is now the top part). Wait till the other side gets baked too and take the roti off the pan.



9. Serve hot with raita or a little butter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment